Main causes of water damage in your home
Water damage can strike your home at any moment. If you believe your home is suffering from water damage, it’s imperative that you get it properly diagnosed and fixed by a plumber so you can get the damage in your home sorted out quickly and effectively. Here at Emergency Damage Repair Services, we’re a professional company who know everything about how to resolve water damage.
How to deal with water damage in Florida
We are based in Orlando FL and can provide you with emergency water removal whenever you need it so don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re always happy to help. If you don’t get the problem fixed as soon as possible, more water damage will be caused, and more money will need to be spent. Mold and mildew are just two of the effects that come with water damage.
Finding The Root of the Problem
If you’ve noticed that your home is suffering from water damage, you first need to find out where the water is coming from. When people are suffering from water damage in their home, one of the most common conclusions they jump to is leaking pipes. Although this is one of the common sources of water damage, it’s not the only cause. Below are some of the top causes of water damage in homes:
- Leaking or burst pipes – When you move into a new home unless you do some refurbishment work, you probably aren’t sure about the location of many of your water pipes. They carry our water in and out of our homes, but because they aren’t something that we see every day in our homes, they’re not really something that we think about. Pipes leaking or bursting are one of, if not the most, common cause for water damage. Your pipes can begin to leak or may break if they are clogged, aged or pipes that have broken due to temperature change. You may need some serious repair work if your home suffers from a burst or leaking pipe so choose water damage repair contractors for a professional and expert water damage cleanup.
- Water build up – Attic areas, crawl spaces, and basements are all areas in which water can accumulate or intrude. When water is affecting these areas of your home, there may be little sign of concern until the problem has become too large. These areas tend to be a lot cooler, so mold growth is a lot more common.
- System failure with your AC or HVAC – Water damage caused by an HVAC or AC system failure can easily be prevented, but it’s still one of the most common causes of water damage. Anyone who has an HVAC or air conditioning system should know that they need annual maintenance. By getting regular maintenance checks on your air conditioner or HVAC system, you can avoid considerable water damage. If your unit has a clogged or broken drain line, the water collected has nowhere to go. This problem will often go unnoticed until the water has begun to spill into the home. If the problem is not fixed in good time, mold can start to grow.
- Issues with your plumbing – Problems with your plumbing can often go unseen until the water damage is done. Whether it’s a leaking pipe, faulty plumbing or a problem with your sewage system, Emergency Damage Repair Services can help you with your water damage problem. We work fast but efficiently to ensure that your home is restored back to its original state.
- Appliance malfunction – When you have an appliance that uses water, there’s always a chance that it could malfunction, leak and flood your home. You can prevent this type of water damage by having your dishwasher or washing machine maintained, but as these appliances get older, their components do begin to crack and wear out. These types of leaks can cause water damage to walls, floors, and nearby furniture. Call Emergency Damage Repair Services so we can help stop your home from growing mold.
- Floods caused by weather – Unfortunately, natural disasters cannot be prevented. When a heavy rainstorm comes, it can lead to many homes being flooded. These types of floods often cause great disaster and a lot of water damage. To prevent some water damage, try and move your valuables into an area that the floodwater cannot reach.
- Fire damage – Although this is not one of the most common causes of water damage, fires can happen in any home. Right now you may be thinking ‘how can a fire cause water damage?’ It’s not the fire itself that would cause water damage; it’s how the fire is put out. Firefighters use water to extinguish the flames, and this can result in not only fire damage but water damage too.
What Water Damage Repair Contractors Can Do For You
We don’t just respond to residential floods; we also deal with commercial floods. If you need help with water damage in your home or office, get in touch with us as soon as you can. If you let the problem fester for too long, not only can mold begin to grow, the water can also soak into areas that can become dangerous.
Our professional and trained team will investigate your property thoroughly so we can gauge how much damage there is. A lot of water damage can be hidden so we use sensors that can detect moisture, which means we can combat all of the water damage in your home. We won’t carry out anything unless we have discussed it in full with the property owner and they have agreed to it first.
Get In Touch
If you need water damage clean up, call us today on (407) 499-2001. Whether you need us at 1 am in the morning or 3 pm in the day, we’re always here to help 24hrs a day. Emergency Damage Repair Services have had 28 years worth of experience in dealing with water damage so by choosing us, you know that your home is in qualified hands. All day, every day, one of our friendly team is ready and waiting to talk to you. We are based in Orlando, FL and service all of Central Florida we also serve Southchase FL, Lake Buena Vista FL, Winter Park FL, Windermere FL, Ocoee FL, All of Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Brevard and Volusia Counties. If you would like any more information on what we offer, on our prices or if you need emergency water removal, contact us today and let us take your stress away.